- Pre-rinse/wet hands with a solid flow of warm water.
- Dispense enough liquid or foam handsoap to match the soil load.
- Lather by rubbing hands vigorously, palm-to-palm, front-to-back, claw-to-paw, tthe interlock, wrists and thumbs. Pay particular attention to:
• Finger tips and nails
• Side of thumb and index finger
• Palms of hand
This scrubbing process should take 15-20 seconds to complete. Repeat process for those extra heavy soiling situations.
- Rinse thoroughly in fast flowing warm water.
- Dry with friction and force, using a single-use paper towel.
- If hands-free faucets are unavailable, turn off faucets with paper towel to prevent recontamination.
Effectivenees of the "Core Handwash" can be further enhanced by the use of a recyclable, fused bristle brush, in step 3 above - the "Core + Brush Handwash". It is recommended specifically for the first handwash of the shift and after each visit to the washroom.
Get ServeReady® Prograde Scoresheets for your use.