- FoodSafety.gov This portal is hosted by the FDA, but provides access to MANY private, academic and state resources as well as to ALL the Federal programs working on food safety. It is often the easiest way to get to government info.
- Food Safety Information From North Carolina State A good gateway site, including extensive links on "organisms of concern" and a kid's section.
- Foodsafe Listserv & Information Center This is an online e-mail discussion group on food safety. Commercial messages prohibited. The site also has a searchable database & an extensive index of sites.
- FSnet An invaluable daily compilation of food safety news, produced by the University of Guelph (in Canada). The archive has the sign-up for their daily e-mail posting.
- Center for Food Safety & Applied Nutrition (CFSAN), The Bad Bug Book: Foodborne pathogenic microorganisms and natural toxins handbook. Washington, DC: FDA, 1998. http://vm.cfsan.fda.gov/~mow/intro.html
- Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC), Foodborne Illnesses
- CDC: Viral Hepatitis A — A Fact Sheet. http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/diseases/hepatitis/a/fact.htm
- CDC "Norwalk-Like Viruses" - Public Health Consequences and Outbreak Management
- MMWR, June 01, 2001 / 50(RR09); 1-18
- Mead, Paul S. et al, Food-related Illness and death in the United States. Emerging Infectious Diseases 5:5, 607-625. Sept-Oct 1999. http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/eid/vol5no5/mead.htm
- CDC, Surveillance for Foodborne Disease Outbreaks --- United States, 1993-1997 http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dbmd/outbreak/us_outb.htm
- CDC, Surveillance for Foodborne-Disease Outbreaks -- United States, 1988-1992
- Foodnet (CDC): Foodborne Diseases Active Surveillance Network & Emerging Infections Program http://www.cdc.gov/foodnet/